See also: How to create a stackshot (http://faq.pdfviewer.io/pdf-viewer-for-ios/how-to-create-a-stackshot)
The easiest way to contact us to report a bug or an issue is through the in-app Feedback section in the settings.
If the bug is UI or layout specific, send us a screenshot of how it looks and explain what you expect it to look like.
If the app crashes you can send us a crash report, and there are several ways how to do it. You can choose one of the following methods, preferably the most convenient for you.
How send a crash report:
Copying from device:
- Open the settings app
- Navigate to General > About > Diagnostics & Usage > Diagnostic & Usage Data
- Locate the log for the crashed app. The logs will be named in the format: <AppName>-<DateTime>-<DeviceName>
- Select the desired log. Then, using the text selection UI select the entire text of the log. Once the text is selected, tap "Copy"
- Paste the copied text into our in-app Feedback section
Syncing with iTunes:
- Sync your device with iTunes on your desktop
- After syncing, look for crash logs in the correct directory. See below for a list of directories for each operating system.
- In this directory, look for files starting with "Viewer".
- Send us the log via Intercom
Path for each operating system:
- macOS: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME> (Please note that the "Library" folder is hidden by default, so you have to make it visible first)
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
- Windows Vista and later: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
Using the Xcode Organizer:
- Go to Window > Devices ("Devices and Simulators" as of Xcode 9)
- Select your device from the list on the left
- Tap on "View Device Logs"
- Search for the process name "Viewer"
- Copy the log and send it to us via Intercom